American Express Careers
Director, Digital Product and Platform Mangement
Global Merchant Services is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
In Global Merchant Interactive, we provide the digital tools, insights and support to help merchants of all sizes manage every aspect of their American Express relationship securely and efficiently. We are responsible for the digital products and experiences enabling merchants to manage their account, access customized experiences and tap into the value of the network and our data. This is a fast growing team in an area of the business with significant strategic focus and sponsorship.
Within this group, we are looking for a Director, Product and Platform Management who will lead a cross-functional, Agile product team responsible for the development of web applications across americanexpress.com/merchant, including ownership of our Payments and Account Services applications. This role is an opportunity to lead and influence development of core digital products that are critical to helping our merchants manage their businesses.
- Lead and develop a global team of 4 high performing product managers and analysts
- Indirectly lead multiple, co-located Agile delivery teams, partnering closely with Engineering Directors and Scrum Masters
- Manage multiple merchant-facing servicing and account management web applications
- Effectively engage multiple stakeholders, business partners and dependent product owners to develop the overall product strategy and roadmap, identify opportunities, and define success metrics
- Partner closely with product marketing and the Global Servicing Group on training and communication plans as it relates to new feature updates and release plans
- Partner closely with the user research and analytics team to integrate customer feedback and user metrics into the product delivery lifecycle
- 5+ years of product management, design or engineering experience; managing multiple agile product teams with concurrent workstreams and deliverables is a plus
- Demonstrated success with leadership experience, including coaching and mentoring of product managers
- Aptitude for user experience and technology with the ability to speak fluently across design and engineering; ability to balance design and product intuition with data driven decision making
- Experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum, Kanban and SAFe
- Cross functional leader and strategic thinker who has proven success working with a large group of stakeholders
- Demonstration of ability to improve and scale digital products; leading complex software redesigns a plus
- Experience translating customer data and feedback into informed product decisions
- Global experience a plus, leading product delivery across International markets
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time