American Express Careers
Senior Manager - Product Development
The Amex Digital Labs team is responsible for catalyzing digital innovation at Amex by originating, incubating and managing emerging products and platforms that can be essential to our customers’ digital lives. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation.
The Digital Payments & Partnerships team focuses on driving strategy, partnerships and operations to grow digital payments spend and digital engagement. Our mission is to think beyond the card and create frictionless, delightful and intuitive digital payment solutions that deliver unique value to consumers, merchants and partners before, during and after the moment of payment.
Are you a digital or mobile product expert with a desire to impact customer experience globally in a big way? Do you thrive in a collaborative, agile environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of collaborating with cross-functional teams and external partners on creating compelling digital customer experiences and bringing them to market with flawless execution? This Senior Manager role will focus on product development and deployment across global mobile payments solutions and partnerships, which may include Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay and other digital solutions. The individual will lead the strategy and execution of digital payment capabilities for American Express in a variety of countries across the globe. The individual will focus on deployment of scalable, cost-effective technology solutions to new markets while deepening customer usage and engagement related to digital payment solutions in existing markets.
- Develop mobile payments strategies and capabilities to drive digital spend and engagement, and execute across proprietary issuing markets across priority countries globally
- Leverage a customer-centric product mindset to drive engagement and spend via mobile payments solutions in new and existing markets
- Partner with business development, analytics, marketing and other cross-functional teams to identify and execute on opportunities to further deepen customer engagement and spend via mobile payment capabilities
- Develop business cases and market enablement roadmaps, working closely with country teams and other business units, to prioritize digital payment opportunities
- Leverage internal and external sources to continually benchmark performance and understand emerging mobile payment capabilities
- Negotiate and influence cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate business alignment and flawless execution delivery
- Interact with and manage relationships with strategic external partners
- Strong understanding of digital payments landscape, consumer behavior, technology and form factors across international markets. Desire to work on dynamic, innovative and evolving initiatives in the digital, mobile and alternative payments space
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to develop winning digital payment product and platform strategies and solutions
- Quantitative analytical skills to assess usage & performance trends and recommend product enhancements and performance improvement strategies
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and to switch gears as required
- Exceptional program management and prioritization skills to lead project delivery across key cross-functional teams – engineering & technology, marketing, customer service, information security, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to work with stakeholders across different functions, colleagues at all levels, and with external partners
- Exceptional skill in driving results against aggressive timelines, managing multiple priorities and executing flawlessly
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time