American Express Careers
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team that takes ownership and drives design, development and implementation of software applications.
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing.
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
5+ years of Software Development experience using Java 8, JDBC, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Maven, SL4J/LOG4J is required.
- Experience with API development using REST.
- Hands-on experience in RDBMS (E.g. Postgres, Oracle, DB2) is required.
- Hands on experience with UI development using Angular (or) React is a plus.
- Experience with Splunk, Elk or AppDynamics is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with Waterfall, Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Demonstrated experience on No-SQL databases (E.g. Mongo db, Couchbase, Cassandra) is good to have.
- Demonstrated experience with continuous integration (CI/CD) tooling such as Jenkins pipelines, XLRelease, Lara .
- Demonstrated experience with Caching techniques is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with Middleware Utilities (e.g., Data Power, MQ/MQ Series) is a plus.
- Experience with Mainframe - JCL, COBOL, IMS DB, DB2 ZOS is a plus.
- Experience with Financial transaction processing technology and industry is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers on solution design.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
- Troubleshooting issues like multi-threading, memory utilization etc. and working with product support teams to resolve problems and perform root cause analysis.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2018, 2:27:45 PM