American Express Careers
Engineer - Java/J2EE (Backend)
- Analyzing requirements/user stories to appropriately support design activities.
- Performing all Technical aspects of Software Development for assigned applications including developing prototypes and writing new code and API's.
- Functioning as active members of an Agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Conducting integration tests including event logging and reporting of results.
- Performing unit and assembly testing of Software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts.
- Conducting code reviews and tests of automated build scripts.
- Debugging Software components, identifying, fixing and verifying remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others).
- Working with Product Owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of Technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- 3-6 years of Software Development experience.
- 3+ years of experience, Java, J2EE - Backend
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Familiarity with security principles, SSL, Cryptography.
- Should have worked on REST API design and implementation.
- Expertise in objected-oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms.
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external Business Partners on solution design.
- Thorough understanding of multithreading, JSON, Web Services Technologies.
- Knowledge on Kafka and Apigee is a plus.
- Exposure to testing and automation capabilities such as mocking, frameworks, JUNIT, TESTNG, Jenkins, Git, Stash, JIRA.
- Should have implemented or worked on Continues Integration and Continues Delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing.
- Experience developing server-side applications, including relational databases and NoSQL.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2018, 7:55:24 AM