American Express Careers
Monitoring and Control Analyst – Operational Risk Management
Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a division of American Express that offers a suite of payment and lending products that help businesses and organizations of all sizes. Global Commercial Services provides a suite of solutions for travel and everyday business spending, cross boarder payments, global currency solutions, and business financing.
Operational Excellence (OE) is a division of GCS that is responsible for regulatory issues and audits, New Product Assessments (NPA), Process Risk Assessment (PRSA), Business Self Testing (BST), and BCP programs. OE’s core functions are to build a strong NPA, PRSA, and BST program with the objective of decreasing issues/events, audit findings or Compliance gaps.
The Monitoring & Control Analyst position under OE’s Risk Management team will be responsible for assisting the strategic execution of risk assessments, development of controls, and testing activities to support business objectives within GCS. This position will also be assisting in strategizing and optimizing business processes and control tests.
The team member will work closely with Line of Business Compliance (LOBCO) and other team members within the GCS umbrella in order to comply with internal standards, policies, and regulatory obligations.
- Perform and review of Business Self Testing (BST) which includes remediation, trending analysis, and close collaboration with business process owners in improving their compliance performance.
- Collaborate with teams responsible for Audit (internal and external), Process Risk Self-Assessment (PRSA), and testing partners including vendors in order to build synergy within the GCS Organization.
- Strategizing efficiencies within the testing program and processes.
- Develop relationships across Global Commercial Service teams and with key partners in Compliance and Business Process Owners
- Analytical mindset and a passion for problem solving
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledgeable of operational risk concepts and testing programs
- Experience working with audit, compliance, operational risk and/or control functions
- Strong ability to understand process and controls.
- Strong collaboration skills with in the global network
- Strong communication skills combined with an ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and business partners
- Self-starter with initiative, drive, and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure of deadlines, while working independently
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Optimistic, creative, and solution-oriented
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time