American Express Careers
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Do you have a passion for content? Do you understand users content needs and desires, and know how to research and articulate them to writers, editors, product managers, and leadership? Digital Servicing Products is seeking a passionate yet structured, strategic yet detailed expert in the field of content strategy, information architecture and information modelling to help define the future of help content for our customers and colleagues.
As custodians of the help and assistance user experience, we have been challenged to solve colleagues’ problems with help, learning and knowledge content by providing a completely new help centre experience. It is vital that we apply a structured approach to generation of content for this new product, and that we organize it in new ways which are focused on our customer and user to improve customer and colleague outcomes and contribute to making American Express a delightful place to work.
You will be the consummate content professional, with an understanding of how to build a comprehensive, detailed, yet consumable information architecture & content standard, and know how to translate this into action, as well as having experience of setting up a content governance architecture to ensure this can be scaled. You’ll know what makes for a great consumer experience of content and want to apply this to other personas in an enterprise content. And ultimately, you’ll be a passionate advocate for the user, and the guardian of quality across all our content.
- Works with customers, key stakeholders, and partners to define content vision and roadmap focusing on Information Architecture, structure and how we go about content production
- Develops content governance plans and content development workflows
- Understands & experience of creating and managing user experience (UX) in digital products. Understands the needs for, and contributes to UX Deliverables
- Leads the work (with Director and UX Architect) to define and articulate a long-term content strategy and roadmap with clearly defined business metrics and targets. Captures and communicates ROI to secure future funding
- Works with other UX specialists, authors and content managers to research user needs, and create content standards, define guidelines and governance and deliver enhancements in written, visual and other content
- Works with Product Managers, Engineering and Change partners to enable delivery product roadmap
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in researching, designing information architecture, site navigation, content strategy, content governance and related fields
- Experience in managing the content lifecycle within a product management, agile & UX context
- Experience of determining and implementing UX strategies to improve customer care, experience of an operational customer service environment a significant advantage
- Knowledge of Knowledge Management and Learning product domain an advantage
- Relevant UX Qualification (e.g NN/G Group) preferable
- Excellent relationship management, verbal & written communication skills
- BSc in Human Centred Computer Systems, Product Design, Library Science (or similar) or equivalent work experience
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time