American Express Careers
- Owns all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications; Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
- Requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of integration solutions and APIs.
- Communicating to stakeholders and business partners on the solution and the implementation aspects at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation
- Ability to work closely with technical architects and architecture governance technical team for solution development and design reviews.
- Functions as a senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices – tools and common components
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Works closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
- Typically spends 30-50% of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time managing team and stakeholders through ongoing product/platform release sprints
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- This high energy Engineer must have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or Information technology discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of engineers
- Demonstrated experience with Service Development in Bigdata ecosystem such as MAPR DB, Cornerstone, H-Base, Tableau, Hive, SOAP UI, Eclipse, Java, Java Script.
- Experience with MQ, IMS Connect, JDBC/ODBC.
- Experience with Mainframe programming including COBOL, CICS, DB2, IMS, DFSORT, Easytreive, REXX/Clist.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
- Advanced experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Ability to effectively communicate across third parties, technical, and business product managers on solution design
- Experience with Credit card processing, Account Receivables system is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time