American Express Careers
Manager, Public Affairs and Communications
- Manage client relationships and provide internal and executive communications support for teams within the Global Credit & Fraud Network.
- Develop impactful global strategies and communication approaches that help drive employee engagement and articulate change across a variety of channels.
- Review and provide guidance to business leaders regarding sensitive customer communications.
- Manage service-related media inquiries, drawing on a broad network of contacts throughout the business.
- Help ensure frontline staff are equipped to handle customer questions regarding sensitive public affairs issues.
- Execute an external PR plan designed to showcase how American Express service is a competitive advantage for the company. Create content, including thought leadership articles, external presentations and PR messaging.
- Serve as communications lead for the customer crisis recovery team.
- Contribute to broader GSG communications efforts, including news and feature content for GSG’s intranet site, as well as support for strategic projects which benefit the business and employees.
- A minimum of 5-7 years communications / public relations or related agency experience
- Proven ability to create and implement effective employee communications plans serving broad audiences; multinational experience a plus
- Experience working with PR agencies a plus
- Innovative thinker who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Creative, self-motivated team player, with proven ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues across the company to support large-scale initiatives
- Strong writing and editing skills, including experience writing/editing bylines and other PR content
- Ability to counsel senior leaders and strategically influence others as a communications consultant
- Excellent judgment
- Bachelor's degree required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time