American Express Careers
Manager / Senior Manager Strategic Program Management (One Amex)
At American Express we are focused on providing the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services.
With our mix of assets like rewards, benefits, members only perks, we are re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in a more modern, digital and connected world.
In order to deliver on a seamless and connected customer experience across channels, the Enterprise Digital Platform team is driving the roadmap and strategy for One Amex. One Amex is an ecosystem of platforms that enable fast, scalable, and consistent application development, transforming how we approach design, data, event processing, analytics, and more across the blue box.
We are looking for a Manager / Senior Manager, Strategic Program Management, who will help drive the enterprise adoption of the Platform. He /She will work closely with product and engineers within and outside of the One Amex team to evangelize the benefits and provide structure to the onboarding, delivery planning and training processes.
You’ll work among top performing engineering, design and product teams. We are looking for someone who is strategic, deeply inquisitive, enjoys creative problem solving, has a strong attention to details, and enjoys working at the intersection of tech and business.
Does the above sound like you?
In this role you will:
- Work closely across all the One Amex Product Managers to develop a deep understanding of their products and features
- Provide detailed integrated roadmaps of releases across the One Amex platform
- Establish rapport and relationships with product managers of teams looking to onboard and play a consultative role in the business challenges they hope to solve with One Amex
- Become a SME on development/ product best practices and success metrics
- Help establish and roll-out a consistent onboarding, intake, support, and communications strategy across the platform
- Partner with other program offices to align on cross-team build dependencies
- Evangelize and educate key stakeholders through product marketing activities (e.g. creating a playbook, tracking success metrics, hosting awareness events / roadshows)
- Help support efforts to establish a governance structure to ensure the users are adhering to security, legal and compliance requirements
- Experience as a Program Manager/Project Manager, preferably working on complex, enterprise level platform expansion
- Experience managing/ developing a product and roadmap is highly desired
- Baseline technical understanding and ability to partake in conversations with engineers and articulate takeaways to stakeholders with limited context
- Product marketing experience
- Ability to lead through influence
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with complex technology and product development with a basic understanding of React.js, redux, GraphQL, Jest, Webpack, Node.js and Java 8 is highly desired
- Experience with teams working in Agile delivery; Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Frameworks), a plus
- Highly organized - you are great at research and documenting your learnings
- Loves working in an entrepreneurial environment that is lean, fast paced, and dynamic.
- A “driver” personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time