American Express Careers
Service Delivery Manager
- Develop and maintain incident management process and procedures and be accountable for responses to incidents escalated to development teams
- Coordinate with development teams to resolve reported problems and update the knowledge database to communicate known issues and workarounds
- Coordinate requests for change with development and operations teams and change advisory boards
- Communicate release plans, progress and outcomes with consumers and stakeholders
- Coordinate with development teams to remediate critical security vulnerabilities and manage the risk of lower priority vulnerabilities
- Act as steward for our infrastructure assets and oversee life cycle planning for them, including provisioning, decommissioning and migrating
- Implement the enterprise business continuity management process and create and update disaster recovery plans for our software and services
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Requirements for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Prior relevant IT work experience including software development
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices like source code control, code review, and continuous integration and delivery
- Knowledge across multiple technical and business environments, covering a large range of business functions and capabilities
- Financial acumen in terms of monitoring, controlling and reporting budget expenditure
Also critical to your success:
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies and practices such as Scrum/Kanban, iterations, user stories, and automated testing
- The ability to see and to understand the larger context in which our organization works and manage operations efficiently within that context
- Adaptability to changes in organizational structures and business conditions
- A strong belief in your personal responsibility for ensuring the best outcomes for the company and team
- An open, collaborative spirit
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time