American Express Careers
Marketing Exec - PMO Support
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
This role is within the UK Business Enablement team. This team is responsible for the end to end delivery of new products, capabilities and compliance requirements for the UK Business Teams.
Principle Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible for the Project Management Office(PMO) for the UK BE Team including control of project documentation and aligned procedures
- Develop, own and maintain a PMO Dashboard to enable meaningful reporting to include Project updates and Resource Forecasting
- Create, own and maintain internal document sharing portals (Sharepoints) on behalf of the UK Business Enablement team
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of specific templates to be used by the Project Managers during the project lifecycle
- Accountable for the final review and governance of correct and complete use of project documentation ahead of formal project closure
- Accountable for regular reporting on in flight Projects to include; status, timeframes, milestones, risks & issues
- Accountable for the creation and management of a work intake flow to include reporting on workflow and resource forecasting
- Provide guidance and training overviews on existing and new systems and process functionality to the UK market
- Provide support, guidance and expertise to Project Managers and Business Teams in the delivery of Business Initiatives and compliance driven projects for the UK Business, such as new product and card launches.
- Set Up new products and maintain, control and monitor the enhancement/maintenance of existing UK products and Rewards set ups
- Provide the expertise on technologies and processing capabilities, to the Marketing teams when they are developing innovation ideas
- Assess proposed changes to existing products, determine impact on current processes and communicate them appropriately
- Gain insights & understanding of competition in order to provide optimization suggestions
- Support the Legal and Compliance Manager with the change, update and execution of Card Terms and conditions rewrites across the different marketing materials and channels
- Document and maintain all associated Excel Tables and matrices on behalf of the UK Business
- Take responsibility for the resolution of business related issues impacting the UK market
- Issue management – day to day involvement in the review of processes and dealing with ad-hoc issues in order to remove Cardmember points of friction and ensuring smooth Cardmember experiences
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven project management skill (an advantage)
- Outstanding relationship management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lead/manage others without necessarily having direct authority
- Ability to understand detailed technical and operational issues
- Very confident in creating reporting and high competence in using Excel
- Knowledge of Amex internal systems an advantage
- High degree of analytical thinking
- Proven track record of driving results either through internal teams or external partners
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills – able to communicate complex processes / data in a simple, articulate manner
- Self-starter who thrives in complex situations – knowing when to take ownership and when to work with others
- Strong ability to identify and manage priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Positive attitude, team player and ability to have fun
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 1, 2018, 8:20:17 AM