American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager, Commercial Card Lending & Line Management
The Manager/Senior Manager, Commercial Card Lending & Line Management is a critical position on the Global Commercial Services (GCS) Risk Management team and is responsible for driving profitable AR growth for US Commercial Card Lending. The incumbent will be responsible for line assignment initiatives as well as support launch of new capabilities and product launch. This position requires collaboration with multiple partners including Product, Marketing, Finance, Compliance and other functional teams in RIM.
- Manage risk across for line decisions through quantitative analysis and building efficient business processes and flexible capabilities.
- Identify new opportunities to support credit line underwriting for small businesses while continuing to enhance existing underwriting decisions by incorporating new information, techniques, and change factors.
- Partner across RIM and with the Product, Marketing, Finance, and Operations teams to design and implement lending strategies that enable profitable growth while controlling for through-the-cycle volatility.
- Drive in-depth analytics and collaborate with the Decision Science team to enhance economic logic that supports core risk management decisions.
- Partner with CR2020, NPD, Product and other tech teams to support new capabilities and product launches.
- Strong analytical skills with the competencies to lead and conduct analyses.
- Ability to build strong relationships, drive and influence within large cross-functional teams.
- Ability to handle large datasets using SAS, SQL or other programming knowledge.
- Credit Risk Management experience with an in-depth understanding of the end-to-end credit lifecycle, as well as an in-depth understanding of credit metrics and processes, and P&L drivers.
- Experience in the commercial lending industry and knowledge of AXP Risk capabilities are plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree in a quantitative field is preferred.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time