American Express Careers
Account Development Manager (B2B Specialist) - Global Client Group, Global Commercial Services
The real deal on American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career at here.
Not just what you can expect, what you can count on.
The position will require focus on B2B expansion, retention and growth of a portfolio of local Global Client Group clients based in HK and sales support functions for the HK Global Client Group team,
- B2B project champion - working closely with Local B2B leads on merchant referrals
- Suppliers matching for HK team
- Share B2B best practices from other markets or regions to the HK Account Development Managers
- Maintain thorough understanding of competitive landscape with ability to build B2B strategies.
- Focus on pipeline development, growth opportunities, customer advocacy and retention.
- Develop and execute Partnership Plans and Account Reviews that add value to the client’s business while ensuring that American Express’ revenue and profit objectives are met.
- Expand business relationships with key decision makers, key stakeholders, C-level contacts and other influencers to ensure that we develop and maintain a broad network of sponsors from across clients’ organizations.
- Develop profitable portfolio growth opportunities, penetrating existing relationships and cross selling products and solutions such as Business Travel Account (BTA), Corporate Purchasing Solutions and Corporate Meeting Card.
- Collaborate with Global and Local Account Development teams, acquisition colleagues and Implementation Managers to drive cross sell and expansions and co-deliver on pre-set Booked Charge Volume (BCV) and Expansion Charge Volume (ECV) targets.
- Partner with team on supporting key B2B expansion opportunities as agreed by Director/VP
- Analyze B2B supplier files for merchant acceptance
- Build and maintain AP process maps and support client AP workshops
- Complete reviews, reports, where additional analysis/information is required
- Coordinating RSVPs to clients events
- MI reporting to support Account Development Managers or Director as requested
Are you up for the challenge?
- Graduate with Minimum 2 years’ experience in business development, client management with a strong understanding of B2B payments and process.
- Consultative and Strategic Selling experience to large Global/Local clients.
- Ability to communicate with senior management and use consultative questioning to interpret customer’s objectives behind specific requests for data.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Thorough understanding of competitive products and landscape.
- Solid results orientation, ability to set and execute against business goals, and demonstrate will to win and personal accountability.
- Aptitude and capacity to manage change and multi-task among equally compelling priorities to ensure critical deliverables are met and goals are achieved.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills.
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet)
- Understanding of technology in the Corporate Expense Management industry, including understanding of Expense Management System (EMS)/Employee Resource Planning (ERP)/Mobile/Finance systems etc.).
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time