American Express Careers
Senior Manager, Product Owner-Cornerstone
Cornerstone is American Express’s global Big Data ecosystem and a critical enabler of innovation and growth for the company. This function sits within Enterprise Digital and Analytics Group. The vision for Cornerstone is to centralize data across the company with strong built-in governance, democratize access to a broad user community and optimize company platforms through new synergies. The Senior Manager / Product Owner will be responsible for delivering on the vision and roadmap of Cornerstone by working closely with Business, technology and infrastructure partners to address analytical user challenges, drive adoption and improve user experience in the Big Data ecosystem.
- Lead the solutioning for analytical platform to address analytical user pain points and significantly improve the user experience
- Collaborate with the end users in analytics, decision science and reporting to understand their needs, build the product backlog and roadmap
- Partner with Technology and Infrastructure teams to deliver the capability features and platform enhancements
The successful candidate should demonstrate strong platform, data, technical and capability acumen. The position requires the ability to collaborate with a wide range of partners including Senior Leaders to create strategic solutions and capability roadmap.
- Self-motivated individual who is able to combine problem-resolution and critical thinking skills with an ability to apply a business lens to recommendations
- Solid understanding of Hadoop Stack, MapReduce framework, Spark, Hive, Python, PySpark
- Expert in Distributed RDBMS, NoSQL Databases and big data platform architecture
- Proficiency with SQL
- At least one year of experience using Hadoop Stack such as Hive, HBase, Python and Spark
- Strong analytical background with experience using digital platforms, advanced data mining techniques
- Experience in algorithm design involving big data is a plus
- Strong communication and negotiation skills combined with an ability to interact effectively with business leaders, data consumers and technologies
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change
- Advanced degree in STEM fields w/ work experience in information management, strategy or the payments business
- Work experience in the consulting, product development is a plus
- Advanced degree in STEM fields w/ work experience in information management, strategy or the payments business is highly preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time