American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Emerging Data Platforms
Are you up for the challenge?
- At least 6+ years of strong engineering experience in building Distributed systems.
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Strong experience with NoSQL Solutions (e.g. Cassandra/Couchbase/MapRDB)
- Good knowledge of data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Experience with continuous delivery using Git, Jenkins, Liquibase, jMeter, Terraform etc
- Expertise in hardware systems architecture, storage solutions, and disaster recovery
- Experience with OpenStack or other private ‘cloud’ management solutions.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (KVM, Kubernetes, Containers ..)
- Linux Master Skills
- Experience and knowledge in networking architecture and security. API and REST based Web services development is a plus
- Golang experience is a plus
- Ability to work with team members in multiple geographic locations and time zones.
- High levels of energy, engagement, and ownership. Positive attitude is an absolute must.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- On-call support experience
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time