American Express Careers
- Contribute in an agile team. Driving release of new features on the platform by working with the product and technical leadership.
- Formulate and enforce best practices, ensure great test coverage for all projects.
- Incorporate DevOps practices in day to day work. Ensure Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery for all the projects owned by your team.
- Refactor, re-engineer and possibly simplifying codebase wherever appropriate.
- Lead automation by building tools that makes user's and support team's life easy and removes the need for manual interventions.
- Lead proof of concepts on new tools and technologies to assess their feasibility for the Amex big data platform.
- Support and help deliver critical initiatives that rely on the Amex Enterprise Big Data Warehouse.
- Design, gather and present quality metrics to quantify the benefit of all the changes on the platform.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- 5+ years of software development experience in: Java, Python, Go, nodejs/angularjs
- 5+ years of Linux Experience. Ideally you have contributed to OpenSource projects
- Preferably, 2+ Years of Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Mapreduce, YARN, Hive, Zookeeper etc.
- Preferably, 2+ Years of Experience with NoSQL technologies such as HBase, Cassandra, Redis, memcache etc
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time