Global Corporate Services: New Product Development Manager (Japan)
American Express is a leading global payments company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. Our Global Corporate Payments organization provides a range of card programs and expense management tools to help small businesses, mid-size companies and large corporations around the world manage almost all the facets of their business spending - from travel and meetings, to everyday office supplies and raw materials.
As the leading issuer of commercial payments programs, our solutions deliver a number of benefits to our corporate and small business customers including increased visibility into their business spending, added control, improved efficiency and cost savings. With 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers.
Global Corporate Services has established a New Product Development team to own capabilities, launch new products, create global consistency, and drive process and platform excellence. This role will be focused on delivering new products and product enhancements in Japan, but may have broader accountabilities across JAPA as required.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to influence product strategy for Japan and will be accountable for delivering the product roadmap for the market.
We are seeking a unique individual who excels in a fast paced and ever changing environment. A broad spectrum of skills/experiences are required, including strong project management, excellent relationships in Japan and across International, ability to influence partners to drive results and, ideally, experience working with Agile technology teams.
Drive the creation and delivery of various new offerings (e.g. cards, benefits, services, and capabilities) by:
• Understanding customer needs and identifying creative ways to leverage capabilities and/or other creative solutions to meet those needs
• Providing thought leadership during concept development, end-to-end user experience design, user story development and feasibility assessment
• Closely aligning with global product teams on global product roadmaps
• Effectively engaging multiple cross-functional stakeholders to manage the end to end implementation of a new product launch (e.g. Product Management, Technologies, Risk, Compliance, General Counsel's Office, etc.)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GCS is seeking a candidate that :
• Can be the face of New Product Development in the market, and has the ability to manage a diverse set of stakeholders.
• Ideally had knowledge of Japan GCS products, processes and systems
• Has the ability to understand the details of complex processes & process documentation and an orientation toward process improvement and innovation
• Has the ability to manage end-to-end product development process in a highly disciplined fashion. Experience with Agile preferred.
• Has extremely strong project management, collaboration, influencing, communication and presentation skills
• Is a creative and innovative thinker who is comfortable with ambiguity
• Is a highly motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency, positive attitude and the ability to excel in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• This role will be based in Tokyo, reporting to a Director in the Sydney office. The VP of this team is based in Tokyo.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): フルタイム