American Express Careers
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Learn more about our Technology group at American Express by visiting https://careers.americanexpress.com/students/.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the India. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status
This Summer Don’t Just Build Tech. Change Tech
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Every day, our technologists enable our customers around the globe to achieve their goals. They design and deliver American Express infrastructure and applications across all markets and business units. To meet these demands, we’re looking for problem solvers who can drive results through precise analysis and programming methodologies, individuals with a strong intellectual curiosity and a passion for innovation, and team players who can convert their ideas into execution.
Join our 24 weeks paid summer internship program where you will have opportunities for development, networking and also engage with our Executives. A summer internship at American Express will give you the chance to influence and strengthen the core businesses across the organization.
Interns are a member of a product engineering or delivery and integration team. We will place you on a scrum team where you will collaborate with colleagues and our business partners. So if you are dedicated to the newest technology and motivating others, start your career here.
• Function as a core member of an agile team working on API specs, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints, or doing proof of concepts/automation tools
• Design and develop new customer-facing applications on multiple channels like native iOS, Android, web, social integration and Java services/APIs,
• Design and implement web-enabled systems for data collection
We have the know-how, technology and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. All that's missing is you! Do you meet the below requirements?
• Passion for coding
• Ability to identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
• Hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
• Creative and digital mind-set
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Computer Science and Information Technology Engineering, or other technical discipline
• Students must have a graduation date between May 2019 and July 2019.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time