American Express Careers
Senior Manager, Pricing, US Small Merchants
- Partner closely with the Client Management and Merchant Acquisition organizations to develop pricing strategies and to influence our negotiation strategies.
- Provide strategic and analytical support for pricing decisions and merchant growth strategies.
- Develop innovative pricing constructs, build business cases and generate ideas to differentiate merchant value while considering impact to our P&L and relative to the external environment.
- Drive implementation, maintenance and reporting of pricing programs and strategies.
- Deliver thought leadership and subject matter expertise for Small Merchant pricing programs such as OptBlue
- Collaborate with internal partners across Pricing, Business Development, Finance and Global Commercial Services to drive growth for our clients.
- Demonstrated experience in analytics, financial modeling and problem-solving; SQL or SAS is a plus.
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables and exhibit attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter who can work both collaboratively and autonomously.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated professionalism and experience interacting with business partners and senior leaders.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in gaining merchant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time