American Express Careers
Industrial Engineer II
American Express, the world's most respected service brand, has outstanding opportunities for Industrial Engineers working within the Network Engineering & Optimization team at our operations center.
At American Express, we invest in you! Recognized as one of the "world's most admired companies". Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package, retirement programs, along with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will help you achieve your professional goals.
What do Industrial Engineers do at American Express? You will be an integral part of our servicing department where we support customer interactions across many different channels (Online, chat, social media, phone, etc). The role includes application of thought leadership & innovation to identify process improvement opportunities. The team acts as an internal business consultant to support our operations partners with improvements, optimization, and strategy.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Driving process innovation and transformation to influence servicing strategy
- Driving various projects aimed at achieving cost reduction, driving growth, and implementing innovative servicing capabilities & processes
- Creating proposals for business projects and presentations
- Designing and implementing work flows or processes
- Forecasting volume (capacity planning/management)
- Defining key metrics & creating tracking tools for improved project performance analysis
- Evaluating feasibility of projects using financial and statistical tools.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with business partners to deliver project support & tracking
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
Required Skills/ Qualifications
- Adept at problem solving and quantitative analysis using superior analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in project management, continuous process improvement, and data analysis
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with business leadership and peers in a clear, effective, and consistent manner
- Enthusiastic and creative individual committed to delivering results within strict timeframes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives to completion
- SQL and of Data Mining experience is highly prefered
- Moderate skills in Excel and PowerPoint preferred
· Bachelors degree required; Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering or advanced degree is preferred
· Experience in evaluation, analysis, and optimization of operational processes Experience in Industrial Engineering, process improvement, or consulting. Experience in financial services, call centers, or other service industry
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time