American Express Careers
Manager - Business Development-Sales (Milwaukee/Madison and Northshore Suburbs of Chicago)
- Demonstrating value
- Proactively and consistently demonstrates the value of partnering with American Express , highlighting key pillars of the value proposition
- Documents and communicates the Return On Investment (ROI) of proposed solutions, identifying unanticipated positive outcomes or benefits
- Gains a commitment from the prospect to move forward by asking for the business and successfully managing objections
- Overcomes objections and resistance to proposed solutions with key prospect decision makers and mobilizes them to action
- Results focus
- Demonstrates a competitive, positive, driven attitude, quickly adapts to different situations, and recovers from setbacks
- Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, persistently overcoming obstacles as they arise
- Influence & persuasion
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance for products and/or services
- Utilizes innovative and compelling rationale to overcome complex prospect barriers, enabling mutually-beneficial outcomes
- Prospecting & referral
- Actively prospects to build a pipeline of opportunities, prioritizing by potential value, sales cycle length, and win probability
- Tenaciously networks to establish, maintain, and expand business relationships and referral sources, especially cold contacts
- Consultative selling
- Effectively identifies client needs with MMCG input to configure solutions that address client requirements and deliver value
- Positions products and services to meet specific prospect needs and solicits feedback about the value of proposed solutions
- Market & industry knowledge
- Understands at a tactical level market/ industry key competitors, challenges, terminology, technology, trends, and regulations
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2019, 9:11:16 AM