American Express Careers
Sr. Financial Analysis Manager
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
American Express Banking Corp. (“AEBC”) India Branch is a banking entity regulated by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) which holds the India Card (credit cards, gift cards, prepaid cards, forex cards). This is a key position in American Express Banking Corp., India Branch Controllership team, will report into service delivery leader and assist with the following processes:
• Prepare/review and submit regulatory submissions to regulator (RBI) ensuring integrity, completeness and accuracy on timely basis
• Review and monitor daily capital adequacy and liquidity position as per RBI norms
• Prepare and report quarterly disclosures ensuring adherence to Basel Pillar III guidelines
• Keep abreast of the RBI notifications and regulatory developments taking place in form, procedure and method of reporting to RBI
• Preparation of financial statements as per India GAAP / IND AS and RBI guidelines along with relevant notes and disclosures
• Preparation of inputs required for various reviews including RBI inspection and Statutory Audit
• Perform regular reviews and deep dive analysis of the legal entity P&L and Balance Sheet.
• Produce monthly results, variance analysis and business commentaries for the AEBC Board and Senior Management
• Maintain adequate controls, documentation and audit trails to comply with US GAAP / IGAAP and internal accounting and close process policies and procedures
• Work closely with technology teams and assist in automation of regulatory reports and financial statements submitted to RBI
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Qualification required is CA or CPA with post qualification experience from 2 to 5 years.
Ideal Candidate would possess:
• A strong financial accounting / reporting background incl. IGAAP / USGAAP / IFRS
• An analytical bent of mind with a positive attitude is a must to survive in a dynamic environment requiring high levels of collaborations.
• Must be proficient in MS Applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Self motivated individual, results driven and ability to perform multiple tasks, work to strict deadlines and prioritize tasks.
• Understanding of banking regulatory requirements & RBI guidelines would be preferred.
• Strong knowledge of AMEX businesses, Finance and Reporting Systems would be a preferred.
• People leadership experience with zeal to build a strong team will be a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time