American Express Careers
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
The UX Designer is first and foremost passionate about all aspects of UX Design. Key to success in this role is an instinct for solving problems and a methodical and customer-oriented mind-set. In this role, you will collaborate with the wider team to understand both business and user needs and deliver UX assets that convey actionable insights and solutions to stakeholders.
The successful candidate will an integral part of a multidisciplinary team and will have the opportunity to contribute to a transformational drive aimed at shifting the way knowledge is captured, used and disseminated within the business.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The knowledge Management and learning capabilities team is made-up of product owners, managers, UX designers and developers responsible for envisioning and implementing the next generation of Knowledge and Learning solutions. Our aim is to provide users with seamless, efficient and well-integrated experiences that meet their needs and expectations while delivering on key organizational goals.
As a UX designer, you will be working closely with the Director, lead UX and product managers to deliver first-class user experience across our portfolio.
The successful candidate will build and nurture working relations with stakeholders across capabilities to capture and document business and customer needs. To ideal candidate will be able to:
- Choose appropriate research and evaluation methods aimed at understanding user behaviours, needs and motivations
- Make recommendations for feature prioritisation based on user input.
- Think about content in a holistic manner, organise, structure and label content and functions to meet user needs
- Capture, evaluate and define system workflows and business processes behind them
- Translate requirements into interactive concepts & designs to evaluate feasibility while highlighting required system behaviour for implementation
- Analyse data obtained through usability evaluations and share actionable findings and recommendations in a compelling manner with a variety of stakeholders
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven experience performing in a similar role
- Desirable but not essential, a degree in HCI, Psychology, Design, Computer Science or Social Science
- Good understanding of the latest UX trends and techniques
- Demonstrable skills in creating UX assets such as user flows and wireframes with a portfolio to prove it
User experience is at the heart of what we do and as a UX Designer you will actively contribute to bringing our vision to life. In return you will be working within a multidisciplinary team and have the opportunity to learn from your peers and hone your skills. You will also be part of a transformational drive in Knowledge Management and Learning space working on high-profile projects.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time