American Express Careers
The Blockchain team is looking for an engineering leader! If you have a passion for the application of new technology and a desire to experiment with new products, this is the role for you. Come join the Blockchain revolution at American Express. This pioneering team is designing, building and implementing Blockchain capabilities. They are empowered to shape our technology and product roadmap. Bring your talent and desire to deliver innovative capabilities. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
- Build and lead a high-performance team of software engineers
- Bring a strong technical foundation; able to engage the team on architecture and design, and get under the hood of complex architectures, systems, and interface design
- Be a Technology Evangelist, and innovator to introduce new tools and technologies to American Express.
- Identify new use cases and opportunities to adopt innovative technologies. Educate business partners.
- Collaborate successfully with product, designers, and a broad set of internal technical partners (across multiple internal groups)
- Ensure product releases are high quality, deliver excellent user experiences, perform seamlessly at scale, and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Partner with peers to identify opportunities for code sharing, common services, joint application development, etc
- Demonstrate accountability while leading people with passion, enthusiasm, loyalty and integrity
- Own and lead HR processes such as performance reviews, talent development, etc.
- 10+ years of Software Development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of Engineers.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
- Hands-on experience with developing Smart Contracts and Consensus Algorithms and developing Blockchain applications or proof-of-concepts (POCs) using Ethereum Solidity, Hyperledger, BlockStack, or other proprietary language and APIs.
- Understanding of public key cryptography, Zero Knowledge Proofs, and other advanced cryptographic concepts.
- Experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in the technology space and the ability to influence and optimize input from key stakeholders in the standard setting process
- Proven ability to participate in, and contribute simultaneously to, multiple work streams including planning, logistics, communication, and follow up across a diverse and virtual team
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time