American Express Careers
Senior Manager – Commercial Strategy Enablement
The Transformation Office (TMO) under Global Digital Capabilities Transformation and Operations (GDCT&O) delivers high-impact outcomes to GCS by leading investment strategy, business transformation, and strategic cross-functional initiatives.
The Senior Manager of Commercial Strategy Enablement reports to the Director of Commercial Strategy Enablement in the Transformation Office. The Sr. Manager participates in a wide variety of short-term internal strategy and implementation assignments for cross-functional GCS senior leaders. The Senior Manager will need to quickly understand the issues, structure and develop strategic solutions to problems, communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels across the organization, and drive the implementation of these solutions.
The Senior Manager is expected to drive his/her specific work streams by acting as the point of contact for colleagues, providing thought-leadership, recommending solutions and effectively communicating with/influencing key stakeholders, and driving business outcomes. This role provides deep exposure to multiple lines of businesses, enabling the development of a thorough and solid understanding of the business.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities with ambiguity (issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, development of actionable recommendations)
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Exceptional team/ collaboration skills and demonstrate success with peer-leadership activities.
- Outstanding ability to build and leverage relationships with key business partners, comfortable in working closely with senior leaders
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization with shared goals and drive alignment across teams
- Effective in operating autonomously and making complex decisions in situations of ambiguity and time pressure
- Strong internal and external customer focus: Exhibits effective judgment of customer and business needs to deliver profitable growth and drive transformational change
- Relevant experience in consulting, marketing, business analysis or general management
Prior payments, B2B experience, knowledge of GCP business a plus
- MBA a plus
Prior 1-3 years of experience with a top tier consulting firm or internal corporate strategy group a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2018, 10:48:16 AM