American Express Careers
Exec/Admin Assistant I
- Organize and maintain calendars (i.e. both business and personal items that occur during business times) using a high level of integrity, managing across different time zones and markets.
- Manage travel arrangements (i.e. sometimes personal as well business) including air, hotel, transfers, visas, and agendas
- Organize internal and external business meetings, making all necessary arrangements including sending invitations, booking rooms and arranging catering.
- Help organize Town Halls, Team Meetings, and Team Building events (i.e. venues, catering, dial in numbers, recordings, etc.)
- Proactively ensure the leader is apprised of upcoming meetings, providing preparation support when necessary. Print calendars and agendas and provide to leader at the beginning of their working day
- Prepares leaders correspondence (i.e. email, mail, etc.) when needed
- Answers telephone when leader is not available, take accurate message, and screen/direct calls in a friendly and professional manner.
- Provide support (i.e. ordering, administrative, real estate, HR, payroll, etc.) to all team members who report up into the VP leaders including those in a different location
- Ensure timely preparation and processing of expense reports and invoices
- Assist in tracking and management of team budgets
- Prepare monthly organization chart and head count updates
- Work collaboratively with team members and colleagues across markets.
- Ad hoc administrative / project work as requested by leaders that may include some use of PowerPoint presentations
- Manage/Update team SharePoint sites as needed
- Update email lists/directories as needed when people leave or are added to the teams
- Work with real estate to manage space for team members
- Manage hard copy and electronic files and records for team as needed
- Manage janitorial, maintenance, and facilities services for team
- Ensure a neat and orderly office environment
- Order of office supplies, equipment, and manage real estate requests.
- Key in payroll in a timely manner and send reminders for approval
- Greet visitors and provide them with needed support (i.e. room arrangements, security access, etc.)
- Record, transcribe & post the minutes of meetings as needed
- Pick up meals and/or drinks occasionally for leader and visiting leaders/guests
- Maintain a flow of “need to know” information to co-workers
- Maintain office supply inventory and order additional supplies as needed
- Maintain the efficient operation of office equipment by performing minor servicing duties and arranging for routine and necessary maintenance as needed
- Help with procurement processes, SOWs, etc. when needed for vendor contracts
- Take initiative on requests and inquiries of administrative nature
- Faxes, photocopy documents as needed
- Helps support corporate purchasing card setup/processes, etc.
- Keep up to date on new technology/systems that are important to EA role efficiency and be proactive about requesting and taking training (i.e. Ariba, Travel booking systems, Outlook, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of executive administrative support experience within a large organization is desired
- Must have proficiency in using MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as productivity tools and systems – Live Meeting, webcam, phone functions, MS Outlook, etc.
- Experience with tools like Ariba, Concur, Payroll, SharePoint, CareerTrack and myHR or similar tools is highly preferred
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal, relationship and networking skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities & work within deadlines
- High level of integrity in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and to remain calm under pressure.
- Proactive, Resourceful, Flexible.
- Be discrete, distribute information on a need to know basis
- Possess a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and be a team player
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time