American Express Careers
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
The purpose of this role is to manage the cash and funding requirements for JAPA markets at the lowest possible cost while balancing the need to protect against interest rate and liquidity risks. The role would also manage identification and hedging Foreign Exchange exposures for JAPA markets to protect the balance sheet and income statement of the markets from adverse FX risks. The position is responsible for the following:
• Monitoring bank accounts of JAPA markets and mobilizing cash in the various accounts to ensure there is sufficient liquidity to settle the day-to-day obligations
• Analyzing, calculating, recommending, and executing daily FX hedge action.
• Providing coverage for other analysts in their absence and acting as a backup for the manager, responding to any Treasury related issues
• Work timing for this role would be 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
• This role would require flexibility to work on certain Indian holidays as the JAPA markets are working on those days. Instead, Opted leaves can be aligned with JAPA market holidays.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
QualificationsAt least 2 years of relevant work experience in a treasury environment working for a corporate or a bank or similar financial operations function is desired
• Sound knowledge of principle of Cash management, FX exposures and International Finance
• Exposure to banking operations, FX, money markets and derivative instruments
• Hands on experience of accounting
• Graduate in finance, economics or accounting; MBA preferred
• Able to work in a high pressure environment, meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
• Analytical, motivated, and independent with strong attention to detail
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time