American Express Careers
Learning and Development Specialist
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
You get the backing of a Fortune 500 company, one of the most valuable brands, synonymous with high-end premier service. American Express is almost the only choice in the industry. Other card organizations don't offer this service and it is difficult to create a TLS high-end service department like ours. If you are enthusiastic about the service industry, this is the best career choice.
Do you want to be part of the exciting world of travel? Do you want to make learning fun and rewarding? Then join our Learning and Development team as a Learning and Performance (Delivery) Specialist.
At American Express Travel and Lifestyle Services, we pride ourselves on delivering a flawless service, and providing unique and exclusive experiences for our Card Members. Our consultants use their passion for travel and lifestyle to surpass client expectations and constantly strive to create unforgettable trips and events for our Premium Card Members.
Reporting into the JAPA Learning and Development Manager, based in Sydney, the purpose of this role is to deliver impactful learning interventions to our frontline employees. This can take many forms and include facilitating in a classroom, delivering targeted training to groups or providing side-by-side coaching on-the-job. As an expert in travel, you will focus on building the technical travel expertise as well as customer service skills of our front line consultants. Partnering with Operational Leaders and the central Frontline Enablement Team, you will play an integral part in achieving local market business objectives and driving employee engagement through delivery of world class learning experiences.
Your day-to-day activities will largely be determined by business requirements and the needs of our employees. One week you could be facilitating a new hire program to new recruits, and another week you could be in the service centre with front-line consultants, coaching to their individual performance needs. Much of our work is aligned to call centre metrics, and so the ability to identify performance gaps, implement learning solutions and improve performance is critical.
- Using business reports to proactively identify performance improvement opportunities in the market
- Consulting with Operations and Learning Leaders on learning strategies and solutions to drive performance and achievement of business goals
- Delivering new hire and upskill training through classroom learning, on-the-job activities and coaching, etc.
- Partnering with Operational Leaders to identify learning opportunities and provide solutions
- Track impact of learning activities on key operational metrics and measure learner satisfaction
- Collaborate with learning and development colleagues to strengthen our offerings and support achievement of common goal across the global team
Are you up for the challenge?
What qualifications and experience do I need?
The technical nature of this role means that you need to have a travel background. We also need you to have experience supporting and improving the performance of others. Ideally you will have:
- 2 years’ experience in learning delivery – this can include classroom training, coaching, mentoring, and leading on-the-job activities.
- 2 years’ experience in using a GDS (we use Sabre), preferably as a consultant in the travel industry.
- 2 years’ experience in a customer-facing servicing role.
What makes people successful in this role?
The most successful people in our team combine their professional excellence with flexibility, adaptability and willingness to do things differently. And obviously a love of learning is mandatory! We are particularly interested in talking to people who demonstrate:
- A Growth Mindset – the ability to drive new thinking, embrace challenges, continuously improve and build partnerships.
- Personal change management – we work in a very fast-changing business and plans often change without much notice. The ability to work with these changes and bounce back is essential.
- Optimism and a ‘can do’ attitude – we want to work with fun and confident people who infect others with their positivity!
- Fantastic communication skills – your job involves talking to people every day, so the ability to communicate effectively is essential.
- Being a team player – celebrating success of others and learning from their experiences.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2018, 8:44:04 PM