American Express Careers
Customer Care Professional - Merchant UK
You won’t just help customers. You’ll help YOUR customers.
Every one of our Customer Care Professionals represents the American Express Brand. They take their work personally because they’re more than a friendly voice on the phone, they’re problem solvers and relationship builders. And the people you’ll work with, and the customers you’ll care for, value your passion and unique personality as much as we do.
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
It’s impossible to list everything you’ll do here because every customer is different. But a few things are clear, you’ll:
- Respond quickly and accurately to merchant customer questions and issues via phone
- Own issues to the point of resolution
- Offer merchant customers unique solutions
- Find new ways to offer merchant customers a better experience
- Suggest new ways to improve processes and customer care
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Do you have what takes to build a career here? Previous experience is not important to us, what is important is that you demonstrate the following:
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential
- Target driven and take accountability for your work, whilst working in a fast paced metric driven environment
- Confident and energetic in your approach
- Motivated and committed to serve customers
- Have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Reliable, and your team members can count upon you
- Merchant experience desirable
- Fluency in one of the following languages is desirable but not a necessity: French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish
American Express offer a fantastic and diverse working environment, in a state of the art building in the centre of Brighton. Our high performers are rewarded with target driven incentives and offered career development (both on a local and global level).
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2018, 7:55:08 AM