American Express Careers
Campus Recruitment Coordinator – 12 Month Fix Term Contract
The UK Campus Recruitment Team is responsible for developing and executing Campus recruitment strategies for American Express and managing all Intern, Graduate and MBA recruitment across various lines of business.
These strategies include enhancing the prospective and full-time student experiences in addition to partnering with Human Resources and line of business colleagues in order to acquire and retain the best early talent for American Express.
The Campus Recruitment Coordinator will be a diverse and exciting role, responsible for the below:
- Manage the invoicing and payments process for all external providers and candidates, including communication with external vendors and ensure payments are made on time and tracked appropriately
- Work with the Campus Recruitment Manager on the campus recruitment budget and have responsibility for updating the budget tracker regularly and accurately
- Report on budget spend at the end of the year and when requested periodically
- Oversee all on-campus recruitment campaigns- manage university/business school events and giveaways tracker in collaboration with the responsible recruiter
- Manage the relationship with external suppliers, including Complete Exhibitions for campus materials and coordinate the marketing stands and giveaways for events
- Oversee campus giveaways in terms of monitoring quantities, ordering, tracking, courier deliveries and organising storage if needed
- Manage campus team filing and administration, ensuring assessment centre notes are filed correctly and immigration forms/contracts are sent to Recruitment Customer Services in a timely manner
- Respond to e-mail queries via the Campus inbox on a rota basis with Recruiters and ensure an SLA turnaround time of 72 hours for e-mail queries
- Book logistical arrangements for the team, including booking meeting rooms, AV support, catering, mail room and DPC liaison, giveaways to internal sessions, coordinating name badges for events and helping Recruiters to find speakers for events where necessary.
- Coordinate and manage the relationship with the conference centre; making room reservations for assessment centres (all buildings), ordering catering, AV support and ensuring all logistics are in place
- Work with the relevant Recruiter to prepare and print all materials in advance
- Assist Recruiters with preparation of assessment centre schedules and on the day logistics, candidate welcomes, performing right to work checks etc.
- Expense management for candidates attending assessment centres- ensure all forms completed and sent to payments team for processing in a timely manner, update Excel tracker with payments information
- Manage relationship with Amex Travel team to help coordinate candidate travel arrangements and ensure re-class of any spend to business cost centres as appropriate
- Help the team coordinate candidates on interview days at Amex offices
- Project management of the 10 week Summer Internship Programme- including induction day management and organisation (room bookings, catering, AV support etc)
- Help to run the Speaker Series events throughout the summer, making room bookings and coordinate all logistics before the event and on the day
- Work with Recruiters on event management for social events including Brighton information day and Community Day- planning events, speakers, room bookings and all logistics
- Communicate all events to interns in advance via Outlook calendar invitations
- Work with the Campus Recruitment Manager to track budget for the programme and manage all payments
- Attend on-campus or in-house recruitment events including careers fairs, presentations, conferences etc. to represent American Express where necessary
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated project management skills: ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise accordingly
- Excellent organisational skills with experience coordinating events
- Experience managing wide range of administrative tasks
- Proven competency in driving results in collaboration with others
- Demonstrated internal and external relationship management skills and ability to manage relationships with senior stakeholders
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to problem solve
- Demonstrated passion for campus programmes and the ability to represent American Express on-campus
- Some travel and flexibility required for evening events in peak recruiting season
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time