American Express Careers
Analyst / Sr. Analyst, Marketing, Digital Acquisition
The Global Commercial Services (GCS) Canada Marketing Team is a dynamic, fast-paced environment and represents an exciting opportunity for career growth and development. Within GCS, the Prospect Marketing Team is responsible for developing and implementing innovative strategies across all products and channels to successfully target and acquire high-value customers. The Analyst / Senior Marketing Analyst, Digital Acquisition will be responsible for driving acquisition and lead generation through digital channels. He/she will manage display media, search (paid and organic), social platforms, affiliate channels, as well as site content and optimization with the objective of driving profitable acquisition and lead generation across B2B segments (small business, mid-market, and large enterprise).
- The primary responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and implement tactics to meet acquisition and lead generation targets across digital channels
- Manage digital marketing campaigns to B2B prospects from strategy development through creative execution and analysis
- Lead the audience segmentation and targeting for paid digital channels.
- Partner with internal partners and external agencies and vendors to develop, implement and optimize channel initiatives
- Oversee the creation of all digital acquisition assets, as well as the execution and approval of new channel capabilities
- Provide measurement, reporting and analytics for all digital acquisition activities and campaigns
- Monitor performance against targets, analyze what is working / not working, identify areas for improvement and provide actionable recommendations
- Create the annual channel plan and build forecasts based on existing and new opportunities, and taking into account past performance, market environment and competitive analysis
- Review and analyze data to derive insights and recommendations on tactics, budget, targeting, placements etc. to drive KPI’s and efficiencies across all channels
- Improve processes to optimize performance.
- Share best practices with local and global teams
- Monitor and provide analysis on market trends and the competitive environment, ensuring digital campaigns continue to be industry-leading and best-in-class
- Manage ad hoc marketing projects from inception to implementation
- University degree in Marketing / Business / Commerce, or equivalent combination of education and business experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in an equivalent marketing position
- Previous Digital Marketing experience an asset
- Strong will to win and comfort with achieving sales acquisition targets
- Good business and financial acumen and strong analytical skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to juggle concurrent projects and to prioritize and manage several work streams at the same time
- Flexibility within a frequently changing environment
- Extremely high accuracy and detail orientation
- Proven ability to take initiative, champion a project from conception through implementation to evaluation
- Superior oral and written communication and influencing skills. This includes writing decks, presenting to peers and senior management, and being able to sell new ideas and solutions
- Ability to understand and document processes
- Progressive development in analyzing business opportunities, recommending and implementing actions
- Development of business reviews and marketing plans
- B2B experience within the financial services industry a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office – especially Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Salesforce.com a plus
It’s an exciting time to join American Express Canada, where we dedicate extensive time, resources and effort to satisfying and surprising our customers. We make that same commitment to our employees, as well, striving to create an environment where people are respected, both personally and professionally. Be part of it. American Express Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time