American Express Careers
- Organizing and maintaining a complex calendar using a high level of tact and integrity, including scheduling meetings and conference calls across different time zones, most frequently between AZ, NY and CA.
- Managing the logistics of key meetings, including room booking, catering, production of meeting materials, etc.
- Coordinating complex travel arrangements including air, hotel, transfers & visas
- Reconciling expenses and filing expense reports
- Managing the payroll system for the team, including attendance tracking (holidays, vacation, sick days etc.)
- Producing accurate presentations, documents and general correspondence in a timely manner.
- General follow-up and reminders in order to effectively meet deadlines and commitments.
- Organizing regular team meetings and 1:1s with Direct Reports.
- Maintaining inventory of office supplies, including placing orders
- Managing confidential filing and keeping regulatory records in good order
- Assisting with special projects and initiatives as needed.
- Onboarding new employees in the Palo Alto office as needed.
- Must possess 3+ years of administrative experience
- Ability to organize and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal direction.
- Experience in handling a wide range of administrative related tasks, organizing large meetings, and arranging travel.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks within specified timeframes.
- Ability to act diplomatically and respectfully when communicating with individuals of varying levels.
- Expert level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding and appreciation of key customer relationships (internal & external).
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Commitment to ongoing learning & development.
- Flexible, proactive, well organized, resourceful and efficient.
- Handling of confidential and sensitive issues in an appropriate manner.
- An ability to demonstrate adaptability and flexibility.
- A proactive approach with strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Familiarity with Amex organization and Amex-specific systems (procurement, payroll, HR, etc) preferred
- Project management skills are a plus
- Flexibility and availability when VP is travelling
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time