American Express Careers
Senior Engineer I
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team that takes ownership and drives design, development and implementation of software applications
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
- I Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Working alongside with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Designing and developing rest based endpoints and consumption of the restful API’s
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Bachelor's or Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of progressively responsible software design, development, testing, and implementation experience
- a 3+ years of working in a fast-paced Agile SaFe environment.
- Experience using CI/CD tool chain automation such as building a Jenkins Pipeline
- Experience using Build tools like Maven, Gradle
- Container based development experience (Docker, vagrant, puppet)
- Experience using Reactive frameworks RXJava, spring reactor, vert.x to achieve better fault isolation and scalability.
- Proven experience with Spring Framework, Spring MVC
- Micro-Services and RESTful Design and Architecture experience.
- Engineers that have experience using NoSQL, preference for Couchbase, and/or Cassandra for high performance and persistence needs.
- NoSQL DB experience (Couchbase, Mongo, Cassandra)
- Engineers that have experience with test automation (JUNIT, mocks, selenium, TEST-NG).
- Willingness to learn new technologies and leveraging them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software EngineeringMember of this innovation led engineering team t must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2018, 12:15:58 AM