American Express Careers
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Senior Engineer II, part of the Knowledge Management product team.
Responsible for providing strategic guidance to development teams, driving quality deliverables through automation including tools, process, measurement, environment and data.
- Delivers and drives automation strategy.
- Defines and architects prototypes as a concrete representation of the product.
- Ensures linkage with infrastructure to ensure project connectivity.
- Reviews progress and makes recommendations for areas of opportunities/improvements for automation & tool usage.
- Continuously, aligns with project/application architects on test infrastructure.
- Serves as point of contact for escalation and issues.
- Is skilled in Continuous Deployment (CD) and Continuous Integration (CI) capabilities.
- Is skilled in working with Search engine technologies such as Elastic Search as well as CMS Oracle Knowledge Management.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Hands-on experience working with Elastic Search and Oracle Knowledge Management is a must.
- Proven experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration technologies.
- Proven experience attracting, hiring retaining and leading top engineering talent and high performance product engineering teams
- Experience with Agile, Agile at scale (SAFe), other rapid application development Engineering & Architecture 20-Nov-2017 AXP Internal Page 2 of 2 methods, and Waterfall SDLC
- Experience in working with HP Quality Center and testing automation tools
- Experience with coding skills across a variety of platforms
- Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2018, 12:09:31 PM