American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Full Stack Web Engineer
Be part of a fast-paced Digital Servicing team in Global Commercial Services Technology responsible for building world-class customer experiences across multiple channels, including web, mobile, social integration. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, join our team.
- Perform technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments
- Function as a leader on an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Lead code reviews and automated testing
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Automate deployments in test or production environments
- Takes accountability for the success of the team achieving their goals
- Drives the team’s strategy and prioritizes initiatives
- Influence team members by challenging status quo, demonstrating risk taking, and implementing innovative ideas
- Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Mentor and guide team members to success within the team
- Up to 6+ years of software development experience in a professional environment
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Thorough understanding of XML,SOAP, JSON, web services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming
- Experience with Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, SQL, DB2 UDB
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- RESTful API development experience
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment (Jenkins, Maven, XLR, Cobertura, Mockito, SOAPUI, JMeter).
- Experience with Java applications design and development in an Enterprise setting using Java, J2EE, node, Spring Boot, Relation DBMSs
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2018, 1:10:07 PM