This position will be responsible for maintaining the effectiveness of regulatory compliance programs in Japan in line with Japan regulatory requirements and expectations. As a critical component of the local regulatory compliance program, this position will develop up-to-date local compliance policies and procedures, and conduct trainings to the employees, by incorporating the latest regulatory requirements in rapidly changing business & regulatory environment.
This position will support business groups and key stakeholders in ensuring the understanding of key regulatory requirements, including implication to business operations.
Success to this position is to possess an in-depth understanding of Japan regulatory regimes and pertinent regulatory requirements, specifically for credit card business in area of consumer protections & privacy area. Key to success of this role will be ability to manage multiple assigned tasks for execution by the required due dates, maintain a strong relationship with the business groups and SMEs / keys stakeholders within / outside Japan on local regulatory requirements, while having good understanding of key regulatory requirements & implication to business operations.
1. Maintain up-to-date and accurate Japan Compliance program inventory (policies & procedures, training and monitoring) to validate compliance accountability.
2. Develop and maintain up-to-date local compliance policies & procedures by effectively incorporating necessary local regulatory requirements against rapidly changing business products & underlying operations.
3. Develop and deliver up-to-date regulatory compliance trainings to the required local employees, by effectively incorporating necessary local regulatory requirements against rapidly changing business products & underlying operations.
4. Conduct daily monitorings & reviews of business processes and provide advisory to ensure compliance with pertinent regulatory requirements, including but not limited to : incidents and errors identified, marketing materials, personal information & data protection.
5. Participate in business and compliance projects and initiatives as directed.
6. Generate ad hoc reporting and document the identification of issues in a concise manner.
7. Support the direct leader in evaluation of the pertinent regulatory requirements over credit card regulations, consumer protections and privacy area. Keep up-to-date with critical regulatory developments and evaluate necessary compliance actions as needed.
8. Provide compliance advice to business partners in evaluation of effectiveness of compliance program within business groups, support implementation of necessary compliance actions, consultation & development of appropriate remediation actions as per the regulatory expectation.
9. As needed, support facilitation of compliance projects and initiatives to fulfill regulatory requirements, under the direction of the direct leader.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Knowledge and Skills
. Minimum 5 years of direct regulatory compliance or legal experience in Japan. Professional certifications or Diplomas in legal or compliance relevant area.
. Strong understanding of the Japan regulatory requirements for retail consumer financial services or credit card business.
. Excellent verbal & written communication in Japanese to enable effective communications with the regulators, regulatory agencies and business partners. Experience in dealing with the regulators on compliance matters.
. Strong understanding of internal controls. Hands-on experience or professional certifications in internal controls. Ability to identify control defects and develop remediation by reviewing & evaluating existing business processes.
. Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and writing, to be able to effectively develop regulatory policies & procedures and conduct training over the pertinent regulatory requirements.
. Experience in working in a globally-complex matrix organization across diverse business groups and product lines.
. Experience in communication in English, proven ability to effectively interact with key stakeholders and subject matter experts outside Japan in English.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2018, 11:36:08 PM