American Express Careers
Staff Engineer - Streaming Architecture & Machine Learning
The Finance Data Management and Analytics (FDMA) Organization is responsible for transforming the data landscape from COTS products to best in industry streaming architecture that will enable the financial analysts to discover insights from data faster. If you are passionate about solving hard engineering problems with innovative/creative solutions, we are looking for change agents like you.
Staff Engineer – Streaming Architecture and Machine Learning will work closely with his peers, Engineers, Enterprise Architects and other industry experts to define, prototype, build proof of concepts and benchmark architectural solutions for the next generation data and analytics platform for finance. The Staff Engineer will also be responsible for identifying business use cases to incorporate machine learning to improve customer experience.
- Deliver software that provides superior user experiences, linking customer needs and business drivers together through innovative product engineering
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures.
- Own accountability for all quality aspects and metrics of product portfolio, including system performance, platform availability, operational efficiency, risk management, information security, data management and cost effectiveness.
- Work with key stakeholders to drive Software solutions that align to strategic roadmaps, prioritized initiatives and strategic Technology directions.
- Work with peers, Principal Engineers and Principal Architects to assimilate new technology and delivery methods into scalable software solutions.
- Attract, retain and grow top Engineering talent across the organization, providing guidance, and mentorship to engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of large-scale Software Product Engineering experience with contemporary tools and delivery methods in a complex environment.
- Deep understanding of the Product/Technology Platform's underlying Technology stack and its core components - Python, R, Hadoop, Hive, Java, Spark, Apache Flink/Beam, Kafka, Ignite.
- Demonstrated experience in Relational and NOSQL Databases, including a working knowledge of SQL is required.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Algorithms is preferred.
- Strong systems integration Architecture skills and a high degree of Technical expertise, ranging across a number of technologies with a proven track record of turning new Technologies into Business Solutions.
- Experience managing in a fast paced, complex and dynamic global environment.
- Outstanding influential and collaboration skills; ability to drive consensus and tangible outcomes, demonstrated by breaking down silos and fostering cross communication process.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2018, 11:29:34 AM