American Express Careers
Analyst – Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I), Global Commercial Services
American Express GCS is the Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. To maintain success, accelerating sales and driving profitable charge volume growth are essential for the organization. The Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team, within GCS, is instrumental in ensuring achievement of these objectives.
The Analyst / Sr. Analyst position within DS&I offers the opportunity to be part of this dynamic organization. The incumbent will utilize data mining techniques to enhance and produce business performance reporting and analytics across Field Account Development (AD) organization. The individual will support initiatives to drive data integrity, controls & compliance, and leadership/business strategies.
- Utilize data mining skills to define, source and deliver accurate data metrics for analytics and decision making
- Support deep dives that will uncover strategic insights to optimize field performance
- Implement processes to drive data governance and quality controls
- Drive ongoing process improvements to reduce production times, increase accuracy and improve transparency
- Provide ad-hoc analytics and support
- Strong SAS and / or SQL skills required – ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Expertise in advanced Excel techniques and Power Point required
- Ability to conceptualize complex, abstract ideas into solid, tangible representations through reasoning, mathematics and statistics
- Ability to research independently with a strong sense of discipline and responsibility
- Proven ability to learn skills and knowledge within a compressed timeline
- Strong business and financial acumen, with demonstrated experience in quantitative skills and creativity in developing insightful analytics
- Detail oriented - Strong process management ability with a proven track record of delivering results across multiple projects simultaneously
- A strong sense of responsibility and ability to operate with composure and reliability in a time sensitive environment
- Strong analytical thinking and commitment to excellence
- 2-3 years professional experience developing business analytics preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 5, 2018, 9:37:19 AM