American Express Careers
Associate Product Manager - Loyalty Digital Experience
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
The American Express Enterprise Digital & Analytics team is a newly created center of excellence designed to centralize web, mobile and digital partnership development activities and help the company leverage digital expertise across businesses. The Digital Membership Rewards product team within “EDA” develops Loyalty products and capabilities for all our issuing markets and serves as the central owner for the American Express Membership Rewards programme. American Express Membership Rewards (MR) is one of the largest and most renowned card-based loyalty programmes in the world. It is a pillar of the American Express value proposition and one of the key features that engage our Cardmembers and sets American Express apart from its competition.
We have an exciting opportunity for a budding or existing Associate Product Manager to work alongside our 21 international markets, business partners and technology teams to drive forward improvements to the MR redemptions experience for our Card Members. The ideal candidate will be passionate about digital product development and the loyalty space, and enjoy working with a variety of stakeholders.
The role will is based in either Burgess Hill or London (with travel to other location at least once a week).
You will have a rewarding remit that will primarily include managing ongoing product and site enhancements across all 21 international markets. You should enjoy working in teams as you will need to engage with product owners & managers, local marketers, engineers and architects across the globe to deliver a best in class digital rewards experience for Cardmembers.
Core day to day activities will include:
- Serve as the Associate Product Manager / Product Owner for a globally dispersed scrum team; which includes developers, testers and project managers
- Maintain and effectively prioritize a large backlog by balancing and championing both business and customer needs
- Highlight product features in a manner clearly understandable to the development team
- Write user stories, including splitting user stories and specifying acceptance criteria
- Attend sprint planning and demo meetings to give feedback on sprint achievement, as well as to scrum team
- Own the product roadmap and prioritization of new markets and features
- Drive product development, as well as plan for product releases
- Provide reports to update management and stakeholders on product development operations
- Research and analyze customer opinions and feedback to determine features or components that will add good value to a product
- Constantly exchange ideas with product owners and other stakeholders within the organization to identify areas that require improvements
- Design product requirements, compose documentation and complete testing ensuring all components are kept up to date
- Ensure implemented product features add value to end users and increase company returns
- Identify, champion and drive forward existing process improvements
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you ready for the challenge? To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- A passion for all things digital (a bonus if you can show a passion for loyalty!)
- Experience working in agile cross functional teams and delivering initiatives using scrum methodology (Certified Scrum Product Owner, preferred)
- A passion for team work and collaboration (in person and virtually);
- Strong global mindset
- Proven problem-solving and organizational skills
- Good analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivation and a proactive mind set
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in parallel
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written; confidence to make clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions
- University degree or equivalent experience required
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2018, 11:41:40 AM