American Express Careers
Analyst-Marketing Product Development
At Enterprise Digital & Analytics we place enormous emphasis on users and usability. With our mix of assets such as payments, rewards, benefits, and members-only perks, we are reimagining how commerce and experiences converge in a digital and connected world.
The Enterprise Digital Application Experience - Market Foundation team is part of the Enterprise Digital Application organization within Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG) at American Express. We are a central team which provides strategy, analytics, and capability development for American Express around the globe. Specifically, our team owns the digital card application products as they are transformed from a legacy platform and UI to an enhanced back-end architecture and responsive front-end design. The goal is to leverage the new capability to enable new and innovative use cases to drive business growth.
You will support Product Managers in creating improved and modernized digital card applications. The key user of our products is any individual or business applying for an American Express card online. Your goal is to reduce customer effort and improve conversion rates. You will work with high performing engineering, design, and product teams. Your passion for using technology to solve challenging problems, for bold decision making, and for digital innovation will be key to your success. You will be challenged in a fun, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment.
- Optimize the digital card application experience to increase conversion.
- Research application journey metrics through web analytics tools to identify opportunities.
- Work with 3rd party UX/UI agencies to test enhanced application journeys.
- Partner with stakeholders such as Servicing, Risk, Compliance, Marketing across the globe to identify enhancements.
- Perform market analysis.
- Support Product Managers across global markets:
- Write and refine user stories.
- Gather/maintain requirement documents including UI mockups, field definitions, copy translations, process flows, etc. for engineering to build the product.
- Define product KPIs and engage appropriate teams to tag card applications for reporting.
- Collaborate in customer journey mapping.
- Prepare for and participate in Agile ceremonies.
- Self-sufficient – willingness and ability to work proactively and independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels to influence and drive results without direct authority
- Highly effective relationship management
- Strong attention to organization and detail
- Demonstrated desire and ability to learn
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint to summarize complex analyses for various audiences
- Degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or job experience in related fields
- Experience building digital products
- Experience building creative assets with 3rd party agencies (UX/UI, Usability testing, etc.)
- Experience partnering across business units and time zones to drive large capability initiatives
- Experience with software development in an Agile environment
- Understanding of Agile principles
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2018, 10:52:48 AM