American Express Careers
Product Management Director - Enterprise Cloud Platform
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers fast-paced rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
As a Product Management Director for American Express Cloud team (eCP) you will work on a platform that offers cutting edge technologies to enable thousands of developers build applications that define the future of our digital life. This role primarily focuses on hybrid clouds (such as Kubernetes /PaaS/Private Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud), and related technologies such as PaaS, IaaS, virtual networks, serverless computing, and microservices.
You will play a key role in innovating new features and products that uniquely meet the needs of Hybrid Cloud. You will be actively involved with the product offerings through all stages of the product life cycle managing strategic planning, feature selection and tactical activities. You must also be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales needs and address them as needed. This position reports into Vice President, Engineering and Product, Enterprise Cloud Platform.
- Ownership of Cloud roadmap for the next generation and automation solutions to secure public cloud deployments at scale. This includes managing the associated feature set including feature prioritization and tradeoff decision making.
- As the subject matter expert, help American Express developer community and Cloud Engineering teams with product related questions and hands-on technical training.
- Establish technical leadership and work very closely with the technology vendors, cloud partners to build innovative solutions to secure workloads in private and public cloud environments
- Create product related awareness and marketing materials, and evangelize the products and product strategy
- Guide a small team of product managers and influence the UI/UX team to define the Cloud Experience (CX) for developers
- Collaborate with Engineering, Operations, and Developer teams on a day to day basis to define and implement roadmaps.
- Collaborate with partner teams (Information Security for example) to understand the requirements and integrate into the roadmaps/sprints/releases.
- Prepare and present executive level strategies, spotlights, and business cases of key capabilities.
- Be a promoter of the Cloud platform to the American Express community and put continuous measures to increase Customer net promoter score.
- 7+ years of experience in Product Management preferably Cloud Computing ((PaaS, IaaS, etc.) with 2+ years of Product Management leadership experience
- Passion and drive for quality of Software and Infrastructure products
- Excellent understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Containers, Network, Storage, Monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools (Splunk, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of application development languages/platforms (Java, .NET, Go, Python, etc.) and importance of APIs and REST based services
- Excellent understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) tools and processes (Example: Jenkins, Ansible, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of Agile principles and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related science discipline or relevant experience
- Preferred: Understanding of Kubernetes, Container Orchestrations, Cloud Native applications.
- Preferred: Experience in Financial Services Industry or equivalent work in highly secured, scalable, and available application environments.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2018, 12:46:34 PM