American Express Careers
Snr Mgr -Industry Engagement & Regulation
Global Network Operations (GNO) is responsible for running the company’s core transaction processing platforms, defining the rules and regulations for how members of our network will interoperate with each other, and creating network products and capabilities that will help unlock commerce for the Blue Box. Today, the global breadth of this team enables it to serve issuers and acquirers in over 90 markets, authorizing and settling nearly $1T of charge volume annually.
The GNO Industry Engagement and Regulation team key responsibility is to have a clear understanding of new and changing regulation and to represent the Amex network and to drive the Amex priorities to help meet the needs of our customers – both internal and external issuers and acquirers. In addition the team represents American Express, and American Express’ priorities, at key industry forums and associations.
The Senior Manager of Industry Engagement and Regulation is responsible for:
- Ensuring full understanding of new and changing regulations which impact GNO.
- Identifying solutions to the evolving regulatory environment by working across GNO and the enterprise, e.g. including Issuing and Acquiring groups, market compliance and regional teams as well as other American Express cross-functional partners such as Government Affairs, GCO and Public Relations.
- Partnering with groups across GNO, e.g. product management and product deployment teams, to ensure unified network point of view and to inform and influence the product strategy and roadmap.
- Representing American Express and driving American Express’ priorities with the industry and other key industry forums and associations.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Key requirements for the role include the following:
- Strong knowledge of the payments industry.
- Understanding of regulation and its impact on payment networks.
- Understanding of operational risk management and internal control functions.
- Ability to navigate in complex and ambiguous environments to achieve outstanding results.
- Overall intellectual curiosity and strong ability to solve problems.
- Strong relationship and influencing skills with the ability to drive results through others and drive decisions.
- An ability to present to senior leadership effectively.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong financial acumen and business credibility, with understanding of the drivers of profitability.
- Flexibility and willingness to work with a global team across time zones.
- Prior leadership experience within a project management role .
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2018, 2:00:59 PM