American Express Careers
SEO Manager/Product Owner
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
This position requires experience in search engine optimization (SEO) and ideally product management. This role would suit someone with SEO knowledge and project management experience. The goal of this role is to improve our website SEO by supporting the development of our proprietary enterprise SEO tool.
This role will work closely with a team of talented and passionate software engineers dedicated to this area. The successful candidate will, through agile methodology, closely collaborate with product management, developers, and other stakeholders internationally to ensure requirements meet the needs of tool users and internal stakeholders across the globe. You will be responsible for continuously refining a compelling vision and executing.
- Representing the voice of the tool users and the vision of the product throughout the product development process
- Translate business goals and user needs into user stories to be added to the product backlog
- Develop the users’ voice and story into new product and technical features that the team will develop
- Help prioritise feature development for each product release
- Order and manage the backlog of user stories and product defects to ensure the work defined for the team is meaningful to the tool users, yet realistic and attainable for the development teams
- Maintain ranked order of backlog of user stories and product defects based on business value
- Work with development teams to address questions/concerns during sprints
- Become a super admin on the tool, advocate it’s use and support on-boarding of users
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, group presentations
- Proven focused, hands-on SEO experience
- Proven ability to deliver projects
- Experience working on agile web development teams a bonus
- Solid understanding of SEO best practice; e.g. sitemaps, on page optimisation, etc.
- Show continued effort to develop technology skill sets or qualifications
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 22, 2018, 5:28:08 AM