American Express Careers
Information Security Data Analyst (Red Team)
Anyone can have an innovative idea. Here they get heard.
The AXP Advanced Red Team reduces cyber risk by understanding and actioning threat intelligence, and by uncovering vulnerabilities in the enterprise cyber environment through coordinated ethical hacking scenarios.
In this role you will work closely with other members of the AXP Red Team to plan, coordinate, execute and report on sophisticated ethical hacking exercises, to identify cyber vulnerabilities and reduce the risk posture of enterprise systems. You will identify and use various data sources to develop scenarios used to simulate the tactics, techniques, and procedures of a variety of threat actors. You will also analyze Red Team findings to improve the quality of recommendations to senior management on effective countermeasures to ensure optimal security control posture for the enterprise.
- The Red Team Data Analyst oversees or prepares materials (reports, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.) to enable informed decision making; guide the verification of completeness, accuracy and relevance of data in support of Red Team Operations
- Provide technical or analytical guidance as needed for issue management, project assessments, and reporting
- Supports data analysis activities for exercises and reporting purposes
- Responsible for evaluation and automation of products and procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness.
Develop scripts and/or code to execute data analysis, automate processes …etc
- Must have experience in analytics, infrastructure technology, big data requirement definition, security event monitoring or some combination thereof.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages such as R, python, PHP, VBA or Unix/Linux shell scripting required.
- Experience performing data analysis using tools such as Splunk, SIEMs (e.g. RSA Security Analytics or Netwitness, QRadar, ArcSight, LogRythm, etc.), ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), and link analysis tools (e.g. Maltego, i2, etc.)
- Proficient in database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, DB2 etc.
Grasp of information security and cyber attack concepts, such as how a threat actor might conduct an intrusion and, subsequently, mitigations that can be implemented to thwart various aspects of the attack.
- Knowledge of data science/analysis concepts, including statistical and mathematical concepts
- Proficient in reporting solutions such as Microsoft SSRS.
- Professional certification preferred (e.g. CISA, CISSP, CISM etc.)
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience in offensive security, penetration testing or vulnerability assessment
- Critical thinking and able to influence others through presentation of facts
- Highly organized, detail-orientated with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data.
- Strong verbal and written communications and presentation skills
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2018, 11:58:58 AM