American Express Careers
Manager / Senior Manager – Credit Risk Analytics and Data Products
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
- Closely partnering with the American Express technology teams across international geographies to improve the infrastructure to facilitate frictionless payments and faster remittance recognition in our risk systems.
- Develop new data intelligence using the information provided by payment processing institutions for credit risk assessment, underwriting, credit limit management and customer risk management.
- Improve speed of returns, and significantly enhance our credit risk models that help identify potential returns.
- Partner closely with digital servicing teams to launch credit digital strategies to improve collection of outstanding or failed payments from card members.
- Establishing strong partnership with various market Chief Credit Officers, and Risk Centre of Excellence teams across various geographies to successfully drive the business outcomes in the regions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Broad experience in credit risk or product analytics function in a financial services organization.
- Knowledge of payments flows between banking institutions is a plus but not required.
- Master's Degree or higher in quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Economics) or MBA with quantitative background required
- Strong programming skills (SAS/SQL) and experience with Big Data programming languages such as HIVE, PIG, PYTHON a plus
- Good communication and persuasion skills with an ability to translate technical analysis into business insights and recommendations, conceptualize and sell ideas to internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across a matrix organization partnering with capabilities, decision sciences, technology teams and external vendors to deliver solutions at top speed
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2018, 8:01:47 AM