American Express Careers
UK E-Commerce Sales Manager
American Express have their European Centralised Sales and Client management offices in Madrid, servicing all of EMEA. We have recently moved to new state of the art offices, very well connected just near to Feria de Madrid metro station.We have a flexible working environment, encouraging working from home and use of collaborative spaces. The company has a strong personal development philosophy, looking to develop people internally wherever possible.
As a UK e-Commerce Sales Manager you are responsible and accountable for growing Merchant coverage in the UK. You will be responsible for the full sales cycle – including identifying, developing and owning sales opportunities from first contact through to closing the sale and ensuring that the merchant business is able to fully benefit from Accepting Amex in their establishment.
The successful candidate will be a driven and resourceful individual who is able to leverage their knowledge of the UK e-commerce landscape to identify top prospects, use the appropriate Sales approach to engage and gain buy in from potential merchants, know how to handle objections and build effective relationships with both internal and external partners.
This is a senior sales role where success is measured by the amount of money processed by the establishments you bring on board the network. Success is rewarded through an attractive sales incentive plan and a strong benefits package.
- Self-prospecting and following up on leads to sign new Merchants for American Express acceptance in Italy
- Leverage existing knowledge of the Payments Industry to build effective leads
- End to end ownership of a lead, from first contact through to closing the sale and ensuring that they are able to fully benefit from Accepting Amex in their establishment
- Participate in tactical sales campaigns throughout the year
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Native level English written and spoken
- Backgound experience in e-Commerce acquisitions in the UK and other european markets
- Direct Sales experience
- Ability to think creatively
- Knowledge of cross-border payments in multiple currencies
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High level of integrity, willingness to learn and adapt to changes
- Strong analytical, time management, problem solving and planning skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, articulate manner
- Knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Access and PowerPoint, Salesforce a bonus)
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2018, 9:29:19 AM