The Machine Learning Platform team is a newly formed Enterprise asset tasked to dramatically scale Machine Learning adoption in the company. This team is comprised of primarily Engineer-Data Scientists who take on the hardest Machine Learning problems in the company. We are building industry-first solutions that will be products in themselves and will give the members of the team a unique development experience.
This high-visibility, high-impact team is looking for a Staff Engineer. This is a Director level individual contributor who may lead a small team of Senior Software Engineers to provide deep technical knowledge and solution delivery at a platform level.
The Staff Engineer will:
- Spend 50%~60% of the time on coding and/or hands-on technical implementation
- Drive both high-level and detailed technical designs and conduct design reviews
- Provide technical guidance to other software engineers at all levels
- Implement new, highly scalable platform components
- Masters in Computer Science / Engineering. Relevant work experience may suffice
- Extreme mastery over software development concepts
- Hands-on coding experience in the platform’s primary technology stack, programming languages and frameworks (Java, Hadoop, Spark, GoLang, Kubernetes, Docker and other Cloud tech)
- Expertise in building fault-tolerant, scalable solutions that are performed at a global enterprise scale
- Advanced engineering skill with wide-ranging experience; able to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2018, 6:53:35 AM