American Express Careers
Mgr/Sr. Mgr- Prospect Big Data Applications Development
The Manager/Senior Manager - Prospect Big Data Applications Development will sit within the Global Commercial & Merchant Analytics team in Enterprise Digital & Analytics (ED&A). This role focuses on driving commercial prospect acquisitions through state-of-the art Big Data solutions, capabilities and platforms.
- Leverage American Express Global Prospect Big Data Platforms and Commercial Prospect Database to develop acquisition-related and other use cases
- Work towards the evolution and expansion of Prospect Big Data Platform and associated capabilities
- Partner with business units to identify business problems and design big data solutions
- Develop enterprise wide big data applications/products for solving critical business problems, e.g., entity matching, dynamic machine learning etc.
- Conceptualize and develop APIs, and real-time customer facing applications
- Leverage Big Data infrastructure/API tools to develop proof-of-concept capabilities/solutions
- Work with Business and Technology partners/stakeholders to deploy capabilities into production
- Manage a team of Big Data Developers to accomplish above tasks
- Strong architecture knowledge and experience of Big Data Applications, Databases and Real-Time Applications
- Expertise in Big Data Development required
- Experience in leading team of developers and developing applications
- Expert in Big Data technologies, distributed computing, map-reduce and SPARK framework
- Experience in Hadoop operating systems and utilities
- Experience in developing APIs in MapReduce and SPARK frameworks, Hadoop Stack, Java, Python, C++, Bash Experience in ETL using NoSQL/DS databases such as HBase, M7, Solr & Elastic Search and SVN required
- Understanding of financial services business, analytics, and machine learning is a plus
- Educational requirement: bachelor’s is required; Master’s Degree and/or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Equivalent is an asset
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2018, 9:26:37 AM