American Express Careers
Engineer - Middleware
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express.
Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Enterprise Middleware utilities (such as IBM Datapower Gateway –IDG 8436 Model, Enterprise Cache XC10) and serving as a core member of Middleware Engineering team that takes ownership and drives design, development and implementation of Point of Arrival(POA) Middleware applications. This role will also include operational readiness for new utility solutions and optimizing current processes.
- Perform day to day operations and provide 24/7 support for mission critical platforms.
- Lead Service Restoration bridge calls for application and/or Infrastructure outages.
- Collaborate with vendor partners and other Technology teams to resolve major outages.
- Research & Development on new technologies and open source products supporting microservices, RestFUL APIs etc meeting industry security standards.
- Lead root cause analysis (RCA) and preventative measures to avoid regrettable errors/outages.
- Collaborate with product vendor team to ensure production assurance best practices.
- Drive trend analysis, targeted informed investments and architectural improvements.
- Identify and lead Infrastructure Services Availability Management initiatives with focus on continual service improvements.
- Conduct infrastructure performance and security assessments.
- Provide analysis & support to ensure there is proper escalations during the time of outages.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 4+ years of experience as a Software or Infrastructure Engineer
- Hands-on experience working on IBM WebSphere Datapower XI50B and/or Datapower Gateway IDG and its backend integrations with Mainframe MQ ,Mainframe DB2, Oracle DB2, Web-Services is required.
- Hands-on experience working on SOAP and/or RESTful APIs is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) , XML, XSLT, design patterns is required.
- Experience developing post-implementation reviews and driving root cause analysis of issues is required.
- Basic experience/knowledge on Microservices, service Mesh, API Gateways, Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift is a plus.
- Strong development experience with building applications using Java technologies, Nodel.js, JBoss is a plus.
- Experience with Mainframe - JCL, COBOL, IMS, MQ , DB2, zOS Connect is a plus.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation and demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment. In addition, ability to drive results and stay with issues till closure.
- Self-motivated and driven to identify and deliver appropriate solutions.
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2018, 10:37:48 AM