American Express Careers
Sr. Engineer - Java & CI/CD
- Develop, extend and evangelize automation tools and frameworks across the entire tool chain; build, test, deploy, test data management, continuous integration, etc.
- Assess and advise teams on their automation and test automation strategy and help them develop a backlog of automation activities they can execute against.
- Lead Agile teams in the adoption and use of automation tools to accelerate delivery and increase quality and predictability.
- Help teams create and maintain automated tests running in a continuous integration environment.
- 5+years of hands on experience in a software product organization with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Science (preferably Computer Science, Engineering or other related disciplines).
- Experience with a wide range of automation tools across all aspects of the tool chain, including build, test, deployment, continuous integration, orchestration and test data management – Selenium, Jenkins, XL Release, BDD etc.
- Demonstrated experience in writing and extending automation tools and frameworks.
- Exposure to a variety of distributed infrastructure technologies and systems. Experience with mainframe is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with agile principles and practices.
- Eagerness to work iteratively and collaboratively to build new software
- Self-motivated and able to independently learn new technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Deals well with ambiguous/under defined problems; able to think abstractly
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2018, 4:48:53 PM